Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Simplified Strat-O-Matic

My son and I have improvised a simplified Strat-O-Matic game. We each use our respective baseball card collections and select a roster position by position. We have a board that represents a baseball diamond and player cards are laid out according to position. We use two dice: 1 through 4 are base hits, 6 is a double, 11 and 12 are home runs and all other numbers are outs.

Yesterday my roster was:

1B - Eddie Murray (BAL)
2B - Dave Johnson (ATL)
SS – Lee Richard (CWS)
3B - Graig Nettles (NYY)
OF – Tim Raines (Expos)
OF – Greg Luzinski (PHA)
OF - Pedro Guerrero (LAD)
P – Charles Hudson (PHA)
C – Duffy Dyer (NYM)

My son’s team (I was liberal with respect to players and positions):

1B - Pete Rose
2B – Manny Ramirez
SS – Alex Rodriguez
3B - Scott Rolen
C – Ozzie Virgil (?)
P – Jake Peavy
OF – Gary Sheffield
OF – Ken Griffey Jr
OF – Ichiro

No comments:

Post a Comment