Friday, April 16, 2010

And Where Has Slimbo Been?

I'm here, really I am.


A lot has been going on, so I'm going to give you some Slimbo's Shelf Cliff Notes in convenient Q&A format:


April 15th has come and gone. Why have we not been given the usual Slimbo diatribe about the importance of paying taxes as a by-product of the most rudimentary edicts of civic consciousness?


Because I fear Tea Baggers. The local paper I submit to, The Examiner, has frequently been giving immeasurable space to a local Tea Party jackboot named Bill B_____. Essentially I am afraid of the day he and his ilk show up at my doorstep.

Chicken?

Yes. Really, I'd keep kvetching on and on about Tea People if I could muster the energy but I've lost all energy for this nonsense. And I think that America has lost patience as well. Come November America's attention span for this will have fizzled out.

Charles M. Blow had this great article in today's Times about his experience attending a Tea Party in Texas.


Ahem...The New York Mets?

Oh, the Mets. People are panicking here in New York but I'm not. It's way to early to panic. But I do predict that Jerry Manuel's days are numbered, unfortunately. I liked him. Yes, I predict Manuel will be out and the Mets won't go to the post-season. Some panic at this, but I have just come to accept it.

What are you reading?

I'm halfway through Vol 1 of Proust's In Search of Lost Time. I'm hoping to finish all volumes before I turn 50, which is thirteen years away. (Holy shit, I turn 50 in thirteen years!)

I'm looking for something else to read while reading Proust. Do you ever read two books at once?

Who?

You.

Me?

Yeah.

No, I'm just the voice in your head asking you questions. I ask the questions here.

Sorry.

Are you painting?

No.

Are you writing?

No.

Nothing?

Well, I did submit an article about summer jobs I held back in my Memphis days. I submitted it to the Commercial Appeal but haven't heard back yet. I'll post a link if they pick it up.

Other than that, I got nothing.

You suck.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment