Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Simplified Strat-o-matic Redux

I've written before about a simple baseball game my son and I created. On a green felt baseball diamond we lay out baseball cards we've chosen to be our teams. The team at bat rolls two die with the numbers 2 through 12 being assigned as outs, singles, doubles, homers, etc.

The pool of players we choose from are a combination of my son's baseball cards and my old cards. The resulting teams created are a wonderful, oddball mixture:

My Son's Team:
C - Joe Mauer (MIN)
1B - Eddie Murray (BAL)
2B - Jose Lopez (SEA)
SS - Jose Reyes (NYM)
3B - A-Rod (NYY)
OF - Mickey Mantle (NYY - don't get nuts...it's a 2009 Topps commemorative issue)
OF - Xavier Nady (NYY)
OF - Carlos Beltran (NYM)
P- Nolan Ryan (TEX - card given to him by his inordinately generous uncle)

My Team:
C- Sandy Alomar (SDP)
1B - Paul Konerko (CWS)
2B - Robby Thompson (SFG)(?)
SS - Ozzie Smith (STL)
3B - David Wright (NYM)
OF - Claudell Washington (NYY)
OF - Oscar Gamble (CLE)
OF - Carlos Quentin (CWS)
P - Jack McDowell (CWS)

He won 3-2.

No comments:

Post a Comment